With the Design Sprint approach, you will revolutionize the way your team answers critical business questions, jump starts projects, and defines marketing and growth strategies.
The workshop is fast-paced, hands-on, time-boxed, and immersive. We’ll move from an initial product idea to a prototype you’ll use to test on live customers. In 2 intensive days, you’ll learn and practice different ideation techniques and the best methods to empathise with your customers, e.g. User Story Mapping, Lightning Demos, Sketching, Prototyping and Customer Interviews.
The Design Sprint* gives you a superpower: you can fast-forward into the future to see your finished product and customer reactions, before making an expensive commitment (and/or investments). Working in a Design Sprint format, you can shortcut the endless debate cycle and compress months of time into a few days. Instead of waiting to launch a minimal product to understand if an idea is any good, you’ll get clear data from a very realistic prototype relatively quickly. In other words, Design Sprint is Design Thinking on steroids.
Date: March 25-26, 2019, from 9.00 – 17.00.
Location: Tehnološki park 19, Ljubljana.
Type of workshop: Moderated, interactive, intense, challenging, and hands-on.
Participants: A small group up to 12 participants, who form 2-3 Sprint teams.
#1 – Introduction to Design Thinking.
- Presentation of the basic process and possible approaches / tools for Design Thinking. Complementing Design Thinking with other contemporary approaches.
- The importance of complementarity and completeness of the team, psychological safety, and the importance of space and visualizations, with examples from real cases.
- Simulation of the design thinking process for the case of improving gift-giving experience in five steps: understanding, focus, ideation, prototyping and testing.
- Several different “sprinting” areas: product, process, vision sprint.
#2 – Solving concrete challenges with a structured design sprint approach.
- Establishing two Sprint teams and selecting/setting the problem statement. Identifying roles in the sprint process. The importance of “working together, yet alone”.
- Understanding the challenge, creating team ambitions, identifying barriers, aligning/focusing the team. (Tools used: Vision Canvas, User Persona, Customer Journey Map, Experts and HMW, Note & Vote.)
- Researching existing solutions, creating individual solutions in time-tightened conditions, selecting the most appropriate solution, preparing a prototype and test script. (Tools used: Lightning Demos, Remix and Improve, Sketching, Storyboard.)
- Prototyping, preparation of test environment and interview script, execution of tests with target users, capturing and processing of test results.
#3 – Wrap up:
- Iterative approach to problem-solving – what follows after the Design Sprint.
- Individual reflection, creation of personal action plans.
The greater part of the workshop is individual and teamwork with the exchange of opinions and experiences, with focused discussions and reflections.
Workshop is supported by PowerPoint slides and examples of good literature and video content for in-depth research that are given to participants in the conclusion. The participants will also receive a copy of the content that is generated during the workshop.
During the workshop healthy snacks, drinks and lunch are provided.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Experience the importance of a Sprint team alignment
- Learn how to build a Customer Journey Map
- Experience ideation and solution sketching
- Learn how to storyboard as a group
- Experience the best practices for prototyping
- Learn how to make sense of customer testing insights
- Hear firsthand takeaways (and potential pitfalls) from Design Sprints we’ve run with our clients
- With the workshop you will get the right knowledge and some first-hand experience to drive high-impact innovation processes inside your team/organisation.
Who should attend?
Everyone who wants to build better products or services, faster. Especially:
- Executives/Founders/Product Owners/ Researchers – if you want to learn a practical method to really understand your customers.
- UX Designers/Marketers/Engineers – all levels – if you are looking for an actionable and a repeatable design process to speed up product development
- Team Leads/Managers/Sprint Pros/Teachers – if you would like to improve your facilitation techniques for sprints, workshops, and meetings.
The intimacy and speed of the Design Sprint allow larger companies to be more agile. Challenging assumptions, focusing on the user, and maintaining an experimental mindset means that products, features, and services are all validated quickly and with minimal risk.
This workshop is NOT for those wanting to sit back and listen to theory. This workshop is for those who want to learn by doing. So come prepared to work hard in an intense, hands-on, collaborative setting.
Lojze Bertoncelj (Managing Partener, CorpoHub):
Corporate Innovation consultant and facilitator, Design Thinker/Sprinter, Lean Startup mentor, Certified ScrumMaster®, Certified facilitator for LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Method.
Enej Gradišek (Acceleration Manager, CorpoHub):
Design Thinking / Design Sprint facilitator, Lean Startup mentor, Certified ScrumMaster®.
Where and when:
Ljubljana, March 25 & 26, 2019, from 09:00 to 17:00
Early bird - before 28.2.2019: 690 €
Regular price: 790 €