Since people are an integral part of the journey towards business agility, more and more organizations are seeing the value in applying the agile mindset also in HR and people development and how critical that role is for the journey’s success.
In this fast changing world, following agile principles enables organisations to more quickly innovate and meet rapidly changing customer needs.
Regardless if you are an agile coach, a line manager or an HR professional, you need to understand how people strategy and people operations need to change when working in a company embracing the agile value structure.
How do performance management, recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits and the way we perform employee engagement surveys change? How can HR support an agile organizational transformation?
How can we apply Agile thinking to enhance performance, accountability and growth? What are the specific skills that we need to use to run an agile transformation from a people perspective? And is there still a need to do succession planning in the future?
Date: March 28-29, 2019, from 9.00 – 17.00.
Location: Tehnološki park 19, Ljubljana.
Type of workshop: Moderated, interactive and hands-on.
Participants: A small group up to 12 participants
During the training we will cover:
Day 1: Overview
- Why work with business agility?
- Characteristics of an agile mindset and introduction to agile and systems thinking
- Organisational structures that enable Business agility
- HR's role: critical to an organisational transformation and how the need for business agility affects the HR function
Day 2: Deep dive into the HR related topics
- Agile Leadership
- Designing talent acquisition and on-boarding experiences for agile companies
- The agile approach to goal setting, performance and salaries
- Agile learning and development
- How to create a culture driven by ownership and intrinsic motivation
- Agile tools for HR departments
What learning outcomes can I expect?
- How HR (we) can support an agile organizational transformation
You will learn how to assess the current organizational structure, and then get ideas around how to create a new structure that enables business agility, maximizes communication and collaboration within and among teams and enables the flow of value
- How to set goals and manage performance in a new way
You will learn how to appraise current performance management practices and identify ways of bringing Agile thinking to enhance performance, accountability and growth through new goal setting tools like OKR:s.
- How to handle salaries and benefits in an agile organization
You will learn how to describe and contrast traditional incentive structures with Agile-friendly structures and discuss the pros and cons of each approach, explaining how you could apply them in your environment.
- How to develop an organizational action plan for role modeling an agile mindset
You will learn how to build new skills that will enable cross-functional teams based on T-shaped people
- Employee engagement and motivation in an agile manner
We will recommend motivational tools to be applied in different contexts, and describe how the traditional employee engagement survey needs to change when we work with an agile value structure.
- Talent acquisition and the candidate experience
We will show how you can create a design and sourcing-strategy that can be used to find and acquire the “right” people to support the strategic growth of the organization, by taking values, culture, diversity and collaboration into the hiring decision.
- Enable and support Agile learning
We will suggest ways to enable and support a learning-mindset in a team, supporting the shift from the focus on deficiencies to a focus on development of new skills, capabilities and continuous improvement
- Why the agile mindset is everybody’s responsibility
We will show how to design the talent/people elements needed to help support an organizational agile transformation, and discuss the difference between ownership, responsibility and accountability.
- The needed changes in the HR core function
Relate how the need for business agility affects the HR function and organization and how it impacts HR team members’ roles and behaviors.
- Practical tools, templates and exercises
You will learn how you can work with agile tools and methods, for example with Kanban, Sprints, Scrum and Retrospectives to increase people- happiness and performance.
In the training we will work with many practical tools, templates and exercises that you can directly apply to your own projects or bring back to your team to start on your own agile HR initiative right after the training.
You will also receive a free copy of the book: “Agile People – A Radical Approach for HR & Managers (That Leads to Motivated Employees)” by Pia-Maria Thorén.
And all participants who successfully complete the 2-day workshop and post-workshop assignment will receive the ICAgile Certified Professional certification – Agile Talent (ICP-TAL). This training leads to a Certification in Agile Talent by ICAgile.
During the workshop healthy snacks, drinks and lunch are provided.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is interested to learn how agile principles can be applied to People and Talent Management
- HR Professionals - HR Managers, Business Partners, HR Functional Specialists
- Agile Coaches and Consultants
- Operational and business managers
- Change or Transformation Managers or Change Agents
Maja Majstorović Hajduković (Agile People Coach, ICP-TAL Certified Professional in Agile Talent)
Maja is a Senior HR and organizational changes expert with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and retail industry. Skilled in talent management and organization design, with experience in change management, organizational culture, with a special passion in HR Innovation and Agile HR.
Maja's passion is helping leaders, organisations & HR to change the way how we work and create amazing work places. Since HR has an opportunity to drive an organisational force within business, our focus must be on creating better workplaces through the development of individuals and teams across all disciplines. The trick is to start small and keep it simple. Go AgilePeople!
And special intro/kick-off via live streaming from Sweden by Pia-Maria Thorén, the author of the book Agile People – A Radical Approach for HR and Managers (That Leads to Motivated Employees).
Pia-Maria Thorén, has 25 years of consultant experience from large Swedish and international companies for HR leadership and organization. She is the founder of the company GreenBullet and the global network Agile People. As a consultant she has worked with many of Sweden's largest companies and is a frequent lecturer at conferences and different types of networks.
Where and when:
Ljubljana, March 28 & 29, 2019, from 09:00 to 17:00
Early bird - before 28.2.2019: 1.350 €
Regular price: 1.690 €